Most of us could use some help when it comes to more organized living, and Paragon Homes wants to help with these useful home organization tips. If you’ve resolved for better home organization in the new year, here are some ways to help you stay better organized in your Paragon Home.
- Tackle that junk drawer! We all have one … don’t neglect it. Organizing it will be an easy first step in what can become an overwhelming process!
- Hang it up! Look into different types of hangers. Nowadays, there are special hangers for special garments AND all of your other items from scarves to belts, handbags, and other accessories. This will help your closet to be more organized and easy to access.
- Store instruction manuals in a 3-ring binder. This will help prevent clutter, and they’ll be easy to find when you need one. In fact, binders and color-coded folders can be a great way to store everything from tax documents to report cards, medical records, and more.
- Repurpose shoebox lids or cardboard as drawer dividers.
- Use plastic bins or collapsible storage bins rather than stacking clutter out in the open.
- Shrink-wrap sweaters and other bulky clothing in a Space Bag or other space-saving storage bag.
- Designate spaces in your home for specific purposes. Sounds simple, but may be easier said than done. When all else fails, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to storage and organization.
- Invest in a magazine rack or another way to store magazines and newspapers, rather than having them strewn about your home.
- Use a pill organizer for medications, or, group medications by category (stomach, allergies, pain relievers, prescription drugs, etc.) so that they are easy to access when needed. Also, throw away expired drugs.
- Likewise, clean out your refrigerator often, making sure to throw out foods and beverages that are past their expiration date.
- Toolboxes, makeup boxes, and the like are not just a waste of money. Buy them or make your own so that everything has a place.
What other ways can you think of to better organize your home?