Fall is upon us, and there are so many wonderful DIY projects involving autumnal decor. From glittery pumpkins to adorable ghouls, Paragon Homes has some great fall home decor tips for you to enjoy. So why not resist buying store-bought decorations this year and try these great and Pinterest-worthy do-it-yourself projects? You’ll be Instagramming them to all of your friends in no time!
Paragon Homes Presents: Fun Fall Decor DIYs for 2014
- Ombré glitter-dipped pumpkins: Start with an orange pumpkin and dip the bottom half into some orange or gold glitter. The giddily-gilded result will appear to be a gradient fade from the natural bold orange of the pumpkin to a sparkly haze of fall fun on the bottom.
- Mod painted pumpkins: Forget winter whites, black and white pumpkins are the rage! A cute idea is to buy a pumpkin, paint it solid white, and then embellish with black painted or stenciled designs, for an ultra-modern, very streamlined look that’s chic and unique!
- Rustic chic burlap wreaths: Burlap is all the rage in rustic chic home decor! This modern twist on a classic is sure to delight. There are countless burlap craft and DIY projects online. Simply Google “burlap wreath” and find one that has easy DIY instructions for you to follow. This is one area where a store-bought wreath would do … but where’s the fun in that?
- Creepy Crawly Centerpiece: An unexpected but fun idea is to scarify your florals. Buy a bouquet of all-white roses or hydrangeas. Adorn them with black spider and snake decorations. The unexpected clash of elegance and creepiness will be a fun way to have fun while remaining classy.
- Bone – Appetit: Hosting a Halloween dinner party? Include (fake) bones alongside your silverware at each place setting. Also place an artfully-arranged assortment of bones and twigs in burlap-covered mason jars in place of flowers in the center.
- Candy Corn Garland: We’ve all seen popcorn garland for Christmas, how about candy corn garland for Halloween?
- Dried Leaf Arrangement: Collect dried leaves and arrange them in a floral box or shadow box for a pretty and timeless fall decoration to hang on your walls. Refresh it annually, or preserve the leaves and use year after year.
What are other cute ways that you can think of to decorate for fall? Do share! We’d love to hear your creepy and chic fall decor ideas!
Paragon Homes has been building custom homes in the Pittsburgh area for nearly 25 years. In that time they have come to be recognized as one of the premier custom home builders in Western Pa. In fact they have been honored to receive over 25 Housing Excellence Awards from the Builders and Realtors Associations of Metropolitan Pittsburgh and the Washington County Builders Association including several for New Custom Home of the Year designations. You can reach Paragon Homes at 412-787-8807, or visit us online at http://www.visitparagonhomes.com
Ashley Boynes-Shuck is a well-known blogger, author, and social media pro from Pittsburgh, PA. She was voted Best Blogger in Pittsburgh and Who to Follow on Twitter 2010, one of Pittsburgh’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2011, a 2012 Woman of the Year and Athena Young Professional awards candidate, one of Pittsburgh’s Most Influential Twitter Users by the Pittsburgh Business Times, and happily lives in a suburb of Pittsburgh with her husband, pugs, doberman, frogs, and cats! In her free time she focuses on advocacy and volunteer work, as well as rooting on the Pittsburgh sports teams!