It’s that time of year where everything is slowly changing: leaves falling, plants shriveling, grass fading. Although some wildlife advocates suggest NOT raking your leaves, we’re sure that many of your neighbors would appreciate the aesthetics of you continuing to do so, Here are some tips for fall lawn care, for you to consider this autumn and into the winter.
Paragon Homes Presents: Tips for Fall Yard Care:
- If you are new to the neighborhood, ask a neighbor about leaf-raking and leaf-collection etiquette and procedures.
- If you are unable to rake, consider paying a neighborhood teen to do so for you. Or, if you really want to splurge, hire a lawn care or leaf-removal company to do the trick.
- If you live where there is a Homeowners’ Association, be sure to check with them regarding rules of leaf removal or other yard specifics.
- Check out your township, borough, county, or neighborhood websites to see when leaf pick-up days are. Usually there is a special day dedicated to the collection of bagged leaves.
- Consider using a leaf-blower, but be considerate: do not blow your dried leaves into your neighbor’s yard.
- Don’t neglect the yard and the outside of your home just because gloomier months are upon us. Your outdoor space is still an important part of your home, and the curb appeal of your house and property can really give a specific first impression to new friends and passersby alike.
- Consider some hardy mums or a nice fall wreath on the front door to add a pop of color to the yard.
What other tips can you think of for maintaining your lawn in the fall and winter months?
Paragon Homes has been building custom homes in the Pittsburgh area for nearly 25 years. In that time they have come to be recognized as one of the premier custom home builders in Western Pa. In fact they have been honored to receive over 25 Housing Excellence Awards from the Builders and Realtors Associations of Metropolitan Pittsburgh and the Washington County Builders Association including several for New Custom Home of the Year designations. You can reach Paragon Homes at 412-787-8807, or visit us online at http://www.visitparagonhomes.com
Ashley Boynes-Shuck is a well-known blogger, published author, and social media professional from Pittsburgh, PA. She was voted Best Blogger in Pittsburgh and Who to Follow on Twitter 2010, one of Pittsburgh’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2011, a 2012 Woman of the Year and Athena Young Professional awards candidate, one of Pittsburgh’s Most Influential Twitter Users by the Pittsburgh Business Times, and happily lives in a suburb of Pittsburgh with her husband, dogs, frogs, and cats! In her free time she focuses on advocacy and volunteer work, as well as rooting on the Pittsburgh sports teams!