At Paragon Homes, we realize that the garage is an extension of the home. For some people, the garage can become a very important part of the house. (“Man cave,” anyone?) Since the garage is more than just a place to park a car, it should be organized like the functional workspace that it is.
We have the garage organization tips for you to keep your garage revved up and in working order. (And, if we do say ourselves, our custom-built Paragon homes offer pretty impressive garage space, which helps.)
Simple Tips for Organizing Your Garage:
- Use as much space, as efficiently as possible. This includes utilizing as much vertical and ceiling space as you can. Hooks, wires, and shelving will become your best friends.
- Remove as much “junk” as possible. Don’t keep what you don’t need. If you must hang on to it, but you don’t use it, put it into storage elsewhere. Keep your garage floor and workbenches as de-cluttered as you can.
- Group like items together so they are easy to find. (An area for tools, a space for car washing supplies, a section of paint cans, etc.)
- Give each space of the garage a distinct purpose.
- Use labels as much as possible.
- Don’t underestimate the value of a nice tool chest or tool box … especially one on wheels or that can be stowed away.
- Make sure your car fits! Keeping a vehicle in a garage is a great way to make sure you’re taking good care of it. After all, that’s what a garage is truly for. Organization experts estimate that only about one-third of us actually park our vehicles in the garage. The reason? There’s often too much junk for the car or truck to fit. Even with spacious Paragon garages, if there’s too much “stuff” scattered about, it just won’t work.
So follow these simple tips and give your vehicle a home without sacrificing storage space!
Paragon Homes has been building custom homes in the Pittsburgh area for nearly 25 years. In that time they have come to be recognized as one of the premier custom home builders in Western Pa. In fact they have been honored to receive over 25 Housing Excellence Awards from the Builders and Realtors Associations of Metropolitan Pittsburgh and the Washington County Builders Association including several for New Custom Home of the Year designations. You can reach Paragon Homes at 412-787-8807, or visit us online at http://www.paragonhomescustombuilder.com
Ashley Boynes-Shuck is a well-known blogger, author, and social media pro from Pittsburgh, PA. She was voted Best Blogger in Pittsburgh and Who to Follow on Twitter 2010, one of Pittsburgh’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2011, a 2012 Woman of the Year and Athena Young Professional awards candidate, one of Pittsburgh’s Most Influential Twitter Users by the Pittsburgh Business Times, and happily lives in a suburb of Pittsburgh with her husband, pug, doberman, frogs, and cats! In her free time she focuses on advocacy and volunteer work, as well as rooting on the Pittsburgh Steelers!